Monday, July 1, 2013

Under-Inner-Over

When people begin a journey, much like the one I am bringing you along on, there is always a fear of not being accepted, being ridiculed for view points that are not of the majority....basically fighting against closed minds. I ask of you to join me with open minds and hearts. There are many things in life that we will never know, some topics we will never get the chance to learn about. Many of those topics I would like to bring to the attention of the masses and we can educate ourselves together, as one, with one goal in mind:  to make informed decisions about who we are as a people, what we want our legacy to be...redefine who we are. I no longer want our people to be looked at only for being great athletes, a people who kill their brothers and sisters for wearing certain colors, a people who live up to the negative stereotypes others have set for us. Let us choose how we want to live and act. Lets make conscious decisions about our behavior, our beliefs and our journey.

The Work:
To make these changes, we must first find where and who we are now,  analyze ourselves, define ourselves as we see it. This must be done objectively or we will come to a skewed answer and when we begin making changes, we could probably begin to change the wrong things in the wrong ways.
We must not overlook the fact that there are many things that we will need to address emotionally and mentally. Yes our people have issues. We can't make changes without mending the damage that has been made or else these changes will bring about more issues.
After we have analyzed and repaired, we must then choose who we want to be and how we will do so, TOGETHER, for the betterment of our people.
Lastly, we must apply our decisions and make these changes to ourselves and with the support of each other.


I choose to be educated on as many topics as I can. I choose to learn and live according to the knowledge I've gained. I choose to help my people become one, aside from gathering at the latest Lil Wayne concert (though I love that we can support our brothers and sisters in whatever venture they are on in their lives...as long as they are positive people, people who stand for something great. What does Lil Wayne stand for?..just a question). I choose to be a spiritual person with love in my mind, heart and soul. I choose to better myself and rise above the majority UNDERstanding to get the bigger picture of it all to INNER-Stand and to OVER-Stand. I want every aspect and angle for complete knowledge.


Channelle De.

p.s.
Feel free to comment on any of the posts and send questions and topics you would like to discuss. I look forward to speaking and interacting with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And remember...Positivity breeds positivity :-)